The Best Gas Range Detector
We spent many hours on research to finding gas range detector, reading product features, product specifications for this guide. For those of you who wish to the best gas range detector, you should not miss this article. gas range detector coming in a variety of types but also different price range. The following is the top 10 gas range detector by our suggestions
529 reviews analysed
1. Combustible Gas Leak Detector Klein Tools ET120
- Detection range: Approximately 50 to 10,000 ppm* (*based on Methane)
- Two levels of sensitivity: High (Approximately 50 to 1000 ppm) and Low (Approximately 50 to 10,000 ppm)
- Five red LED’s (visual) and 85dB audible alerts that increase with gas concentration
- Automatic zero-point calibration at power-up (lights will flash during self-calibration
- this does not indicate the presence of gas)
- 18-Inch flexible gooseneck expands sensor’s reach
- clips onto meter for storage
The ET120 is an easy-to-use tester that provides audible and visual alarms in the presence of methane, propane and other combustible gases at concentrations as low as 50 ppm, making it the perfect choice for HVAC professionals. 18-Inch flexible gooseneck. Detection range: 50 to 10000 ppm. Easy to use tester with audible and visual alarms. Over-molded body for comfortable grip. Auto power-off after 10 minutes of non-usage conserves battery life. Includes detector, 4xAAA batteries, instruction manual and storage pouch. For more than 160 years, Klein Tools has manufactured premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools that deliver the performance, durability and precision needed to get the job done right. Our family of engineers, workers and craftsman continue to put six generations of expertise into every tool we create by using only the highest quality materials, superior workmanship, and keeping manufacturing as close to home as we can. Klein isn’t just the name of our company, it’s also our family name. And since we’re an American company that’s family-owned and family-run, you know you can count on us to be here tomorrow. Klein Tools doesn’t just make great products, we make great products that stand up to the demands of the professionals who use them every day … Since 1857.
2. GEARDON Natural Gas Detector, Home Gas/Methane/Propane Alarm, Leak Sensor Detector with Voice Promp and LED Display
- 【DETECT MULTIPLE GASES】Gas detector suitable for almost all applications with combustible gases, mists and residues.
- 【SOUND WARNING & LED DIGITAL DISPLAY】When combustible gases leak exceed the standard, this gas detector will alarm and voice reminding and the LED screen will show the concentration. It can help reduce your worries that the stove gas has been left on accidentally and protect your family’s life and property safety.
- 【SIMPLE TO USE】Connect the methane detector to 90V-240V power or use 9V rechargeable battery(not included), the indicator light will light up and voice prompt will start speaking.The propane detector will display 3 minutes counting when the gas detector is in starting-up.
- 【ECONOMICAL】This alarm uses <
- 3 watts of electricity and has a small energy footprint. This alarm will also help prevent someone from leaving on the stove, reducing your gas bill.
- 【100% SATISFIED WARRANTY】Our gas alarm has passed the professional gas detection test in our factory. If the Geardon gas detector has any quality problems, you can return or get a refund within 30days. Welcome to contact us by email ([email protected]).
3. AR8500 Handheld Ammonia Gas Detector Range 0-100PPM Rechargeable Li-battery LCD Backlight Sound Light Alarm NH3 Gas Detector
4. Techamor Y201 Portable Methane Propane Combustible Natural Gas Leak Sniffer Detector
- A 12-inch ﬂ flexible probe allows location and detection of leaks in hard-to-reach and confined spaces
- Six red LED’s (visual) and 85dB audible alerts that increase with Gas concentration
- Excellent sensor,high sensitivity,long lifetime. Powered by: 3 x AAA 1.5V batteries (not included)
- Probe gas: Methane, natural gas, gas, propane, gasoline, ethanol, alcohol, gas fuel, etc.
- Suitable for almost all applications with combustible gases, mists and residues, for the detection of flammable gases, such as gas pipelines, propane tank stations, cabin leaks, exhaust gas and fuel leaks, inspection of leaks at the access
Before use of the Gas/Propane/Methane sniffer Leak detector, please read the instruction manual carefully.
Household handheld natural gas leak detector alarm keep your family safe
The portable smart gas leak detector is stable, has a long-life span and is easy to use. The hand-held design allows you to operate easily and the visual and audible alarm can detect the gas leakage resource precisely. The adjustable ticking rate helps to decrease the polluted gas density in the air. Also, the detector has the following features:
*High sensitivity detection
*Quickly find the source of leakage
*Indicating the leakage via alarming bulb
*High precision sensor able to detect slight gas leakage
*Quick sensing response
Detects combustible gas leak Methane, natural gas, coal gas, gasoline, alcohol, ketone and other flammable gases.
Adaptable in various situations Can be used in construction projects, mines, safety check of gas appliances, oil spill and etc.
1. Resolution: 50ppm
2. Alarm range: 10%~40% LEL
3. Operating temperature: 0~55 ℃
4. Relative humidity: ≤95%, no condensation
5. Warm up time: around 10s
6. Response time: ≤2s (10% LEL, Lower Explosion Limited)
7. Gas indication: Visual: 6 red LEDs, Audible: variable speed ticking
8. Power: 3*1.5V AAA battery (not included)
9. Battery life: approximately 20 hours of continuous operation under normal usage conditions.
10. Weight: 8.9 oz (240g) (without batteries)
11. Size: 18.5”x 2.76”x1.38” (47.0cmx7.0cmx3.5cm), housing material: plastic
1 * Gas Leak Detector
1 * User Manual
5. Nighthawk Plug-in Carbon Monoxide & Explosive Gas Detector Alarm with Digital Display | Model KN-COEG-3
- Protects you and your family from two deadly threats: carbon monoxide and explosive gas.
- Sounder Alarm – The KN-COEG-3 offers a loud 85-decibel pulsing alarm that will sound to alert you to a potential problem.
- Digital Display – Displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing.
- Peak Level Memory – Recalls the highest CO concentration detected
- Test/Reset Button – Tests unit’s electronic circuitry operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm
- Two alarms in one detects carbon monoxide and explosive gas
- Three convenient mounting options
- Digital display and peak level button displays the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset
- Battery backup 9 volt battery included
- Kidde’s carbon monoxide alarms meet the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL), an independent facility that tests products for compliance with widely-accepted safety standards
The Kidde KN-COEG-3 AC powered, plug-in CO and explosive gas alarm protects you and your family from two deadly threats. The KN-COEG-3 includes 9V battery back up that provides protection during a power outage, when AC-only units can not provide protection. By pressing the Peak Level Button you can see the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset or unplugged. The continuous digital display shows you the level of carbon monoxide (if any) the unit is sensing as well as if gas is present. The gas sensor is a metal oxide sensor designed to detect natural gas (methane) or propane. Temperature range- 40 degree fahrenheit to 100 degree fahrenheit.
Protect your family from the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO), methane, and propane exposure with the Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk Plug-In Carbon Monoxide and Explosive Gas Alarm. The Nighthawk is an easy-to-install unit that provides reliable protection against the dangers of CO and explosive gas. The digital display shows if gas is present indicates CO levels in parts per million, allowing you to see if, how, and when levels change.
Advanced Technology in an Easy-to-Install, Plug-In Design
Designed for home use, the Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk is a UL-listed, A/C-powered, plug-in alarm that utilizes sophisticated electronic components and sensor technology to protect you and your family from the dangers of CO, methane, and propane exposure. It plugs directly into a standard A/C outlet and includes a 9-volt battery backup that provides continuous monitoring–even during power outages.
The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide, Methane, and Propane Exposure
The leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in North America, carbon monoxide (CO) is often referred to as the silent killer because it’s odorless, tasteless, and invisible. Carbon monoxide poisoning can come about via a number of sources, including everyday items and appliances in your home or office. And because symptoms of CO poisoning mimic the flu or other common illnesses it can often go undiagnosed.
Likewise, methane and propane gases are commonly used in homes for cooking, heating, and water heating. Although it happens rarely, gas leaks can sometimes occur inside the home, increasing the risk of fire or explosion.
Audible Alarm Pattern Alerts you to Elevated CO and Gas Levels
When placed on every level of your home, alarms like the KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk can help protect everyone in the house by giving you an unmistakable signal when gas levels have reached an unhealthy point. If unhealthy levels of CO are detected, the alarm will emit four quick audible beeps every five seconds until either levels decrease or the reset button is pressed. If methane gas or propane gas is detected, the alarm will emit beeps every other second with “GAS” shown in the display.
Easy-to-Read Digital Display Shows CO Levels
The KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk is preferred among traditional CO and explosive gas alarms because of its digital display. This display clearly shows levels of CO that the unit has detected and stored– from 30 to 999 ppm–and it updates every 15 seconds to indicate any abrupt changes or alarming trends. The display also shows the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset or unplugged. The continuous display also shows if gas is present.
LED Shows Sensor Status
With the KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk, you never have to wonder if the sensor is functioning properly. A blinking dot in the lower right-hand corner of the display denotes normal operation, so you can trust that it’s working. In addition, you can test alarm function by pressing the test/reset button at any time to verify that the horn and electric circuitry are operating properly.
Convenient Mounting Options
The KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk has a low-profile design that makes it suitable for any room in your home. The detector can be plugged into any standard A/C outlet; it’s plug can be snapped into the back of the unit and can be rotated so the alarm remains vertical, independent of whether the electrical socket is mounted vertically or horizontally. In addition, the alarm comes with a 6-foot extension cord, so the unit can be plugged into the wall outlet and then placed on a table or shelf. For the most thorough protection, place an alarm on every level of your home.
The UL-listed Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk has a seven-year life and is backed by a five-year limited warranty.
About Kidde: A UTC Fire and Security Brand
Renowned for global leadership in fire detection and suppression, Kidde provides solutions ranging from portable fire extinguishers to advanced industrial controls such as flame detection and explosion suppression systems. Kidde is a UTC Fire and Security brand, with a history that’s rich with innovations, from the patent of the Chubb Detector Lock in 1818 to the development of the world’s first wireless networked smoke detectors in 2004.
What’s in the Box
Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide and Explosive Gas Alarm, 9-volt battery, mounting hardware, and installation guide.
6. Y201 Propane and Natural Gas Leak Detector; Portable Gas Sniffer to Locate Gas Leaks of Combustible Gases like Methane, LPG, LNG, Fuel, Sewer Gas; w/ Flexible Sensor Neck, Sound & LED Alarm, eBook
- A GAS DETECTOR FOR MOST EVERY COMBUSTIBLE GAS: Locates the source of explosive gas leaks including natural gas or methane, propane, fuel including gasoline or kerosene, sewer gas, alcohol, butane, coal gas, ethane, toluene, and other flammable gases.
- PORTABLE & FLEXIBLE GAS LEAK DETECTOR: Powered by 3 AAA batteries, this portable gas detector sniffer can be taken anywhere to find gas leaks indoors or outdoors. Bend 12-inch length sensor neck in any direction along gas pipes or fuel lines in confined spaces to find gas leaks.
- VISUAL / AUDIO GAS INDICATORS: 6 LEDs with 85dB tonal alarm notify users of gas leaks and relative concentrations of natural gas & propane.
- ADJUSTABLE SENSITIVITY: Increase sensitivity dial to find small gas leaks. Decrease sensitivity to find larger explosive gas leaks while filtering out false alarms from background gas levels. If alarm sounds when turning on detector, sensitivity needs to be decreased toward (-).
- LIFETIME USA WARRANTY + ORIGINAL DESIGN: As the only US retailer of this item, we stand fully behind this product and will replace it if it ever breaks! We have a Midwest-based chemist on staff to answer any technical questions. Also included is a 20+ page eBook on Gas and Air Quality Hazards.
As the only US based retailer of this Y201 gas detector, we provide expert support with our chemist on staff to answer any technical questions. Buy confidently; this device is covered by EG Air’s lifetime replacement guarantee. Also included/emailed is a 20+ page eBook on Gas & Air Quality Hazards.
FIND GAS LEAKS AT HOME:
Find the location of any natural gas, propane, LP or fuel leaks by running sensor probe along a gas pipe, fuel line, or fittings near any gas smells. Pinpoint fuel leaks from your lawnmower or car. Gas leak is found when alarm sounds and LEDs light up. Don’t pay a technician’s $100+ diagnostic fee when you can find a gas leak anytime with this propane & natural gas detector.
STEPS/TIPS ON USE: (see video at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KM9L69R)
-To detect leaks while minimizing false alarms, turn the sensitivity dial upward toward (+) until the device begins to alarm away from any gas leak. Turn sensitivity dial downward (-) slightly until alarm stops and 1st LED just turns off. Now, any small increase of gas level (as from a leak!) will cause the alarm to sound.
-If alarm sounds prematurely, sensitivity needs to be decreased to prevent false alarms.
-Each leak varies in leak rate and background gas concentration, so adjust sensitivity level to find any leak.
-Allow device to warm up sensor for 10s until yellow “Warm Up” light turns off.
Maximum Sensitivity: 50 ppm
Alarm range: 10%-40% LEL
Warm up time: 10s
Response time: ≤2s (10% LEL)
Alarm: Visual with 6 Red LEDs, Audio with Variable Tone Frequency
Power: 3 AAA batteries
-Gas Leak Sniffer
7. BW Technologies SR-W-MP75C Replacement MICROpeL Combustible (LEL) Sensor, 0 to 100 Percent LEL Measuring Range
8. Combustible Gas Detector
Combustible Gas Detector, Detects Natural Gas, Methane, Propane, Butane, Cyclopentane, Ethane, Ethanol, Isobutene And Ammonia, Accuracy 5 Ppm Methane, Audible Noise And Multiple Leds Indicator, Battery 2 Duracell Mn1300 D Alkaline, Height 26 In. , Width 3 In. , Depth 3 In. , Includes Hydrocarbon Gas Sensor, 2 D-Size Batteries And Plastic Carrying Case
9. AirRadio JL-881 Combustible Gas Sniffer Portable Gas Sniffer to Locate Gas Leaks of Gases Like Methane, LPG, LNG, Fuel, Sewer Gas Leak Meter 12-Inch Gooseneck Has Range Gas Tester Meter Sensor Alarm
- ✅ JL-881: adopts platinum high-precision probe,12-Inch flexible gooseneck expands sensor’s reach
- clips onto device for storage,Instant response, pinpoint leak position, whether in your home or in your RV. Audio & visible leakage alarm indication and adjustable sensitivity. Minimum 50 PPM (methane)
- ✅JL-881 MULTIPLE DETECTABLE GASES: Locates combustible & explosive gas leaks from methane / natural gas, propane, fuel, ethane, butane, alcohol, coal gas, gasoline, toluene, kerosene, sewer gas, and other flammable gases.that may be volatilized indoors or outdoors
- ✅JL-881 Convenient power supply, easy to carry : Powered by 3 AAA batteries, this portable gas detector sniffer can be taken anywhere to find leaks
- ✅JL-881 Easy to use : High sensitivity,Quick sensing response
- ✅JL-881 VISUAL / AUDIO GAS INDICATORS : 6 LEDs with 85dB alarm notify user of presence and relative concentrations of natural gas & propane leaks.Sensitivity adjustment knob and switch integrated design to ensure that the sensitivity is adjusted from the lowest when starting up, because we use the latest high-precision platinum electrode, long service life and low power consumption.
Henan Weiguo Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd, is an innovative technology company in China and is the pillar enterprise of the healthy home business division of Hanwei Electronics (stock number: 300007). Focusing on the complete chain of design, R&D, production and sales of air quality products and gas alarms, we strive to supply air health service for the human beings in the world.
Hanwei Electronics Group Corporation(Stock no.:300007) founded in 1998, is a trustworthy innovative technology company, and the largest gas sensors and instruments manufacturer in China, listed on China’s Growth Enterprise Board in the first batch, devote ourselves to promise a safe, environmentally friendly, healthy and smart working and living environment. Around the IoT industry, Hanwei Electronics will combine sensors, intelligent terminal, communication technology, cloud computing, and geographic information IOT technology together closely, create Hanwei cloud, establish a complete IoT industry chain. Hanwei Electronics focuses on the customer value-oriented, provide perfect solutions for smart city, production safety, environmental protection, the health of the people’s livelihood.
2.Alarm range: 5%LEL-20%LEL
3.Operating temperature: -20 to 55℃
4.Relative humidity: ≤95% and no frost
5.Warm up time: 10 seconds
6.Response time: ≤2seconds(5%LEL, Lower Explosive Limit)
Visual: 6 red LEDs,
Audible: variable speed ticking
8.Power: 3X1.5V AAA battery (not included)
9.Weight: 8.9oz(240g) (without batteries)
11.housing material: ABS PC
STEPS/TIPS ON USE: (see video on this page)
-To detect leaks while minimizing false alarms, turn the sensitivity dial upward toward (+) until the device begins to alarm away from any gas leak. Turn sensitivity dial downward (
10. BW Technologies GAXT-P-DL GasAlert Extreme Phosphine (PH3) Single Gas Detector, 0-5.0 ppm Measuring Range, Yellow
- Single-gas detector for surveying levels of PH3 in natural and industrial environments, and in other personal safety, training, research, and ambient air monitoring applications
- Electrochemical cell sensor monitors ambient PH3 levels continuously
- Audio, visual, and vibration alarms alert simultaneously when PH3 gas reaches preset TWA, STEL, low, or high levels
- LCD screen shows self-test status, alarm set-points, maximum exposure, gas type, alarm level (TWA, STEL, low, or high), and battery life remaining
- Back-mounted alligator clip allows wearing the unit on a belt, and a concussion-resistant boot helps protect against damage
The BW Technologies GAXT-P-DL GasAlert phosphine (PH3) single-gas detector is a handheld, single-gas detector that uses an electrochemical cell sensor to measure phosphine (PH3) continuously, and that has audio, visual, and vibration alarms, which alert simultaneously when PH3 reaches any of four preset levels. The detector has an alphanumeric LCD screen that can be adjusted by the user to show the gas type monitored, the two alarm set-points, the alarm type, the maximum gas level recorded within the previous 24-hour period, the time elapsed since reaching that maximum level, and the battery life remaining. It is operated and adjusted with a single push button. This detector is used to indicate potentially harmful levels of PH3 gas naturally occurring in the environment; in a variety of occupational settings such as petroleum refineries, tanneries, sewage treatment facilities, and paper mills; and in other personal safety, educational, and ambient monitoring applications.
This detector is set to alert to when gas levels reach any of four limits: a low-alarm level, indicating moderate danger; a high-alarm level, indicating significant danger; a short-term exposure limit (STEL), the maximum gas concentration to which workers can be exposed continuously for a short period of time without serious risk, and a time-weighted average (TWA) limit, the maximum average exposure that personnel can experience over an eight-hour work shift without serious risk. Alarm set-points are user-adjustable. In low-alarm conditions and when the TWA is exceeded, the audible alarm beeps, the visual alarm flashes, and the unit vibrates slowly. In high-alarm conditions and when the STEL is exceeded, the audible alarm beeps, the visual alarm flashes, and the unit vibrates quickly. The three bright, wide-angle visual alarm bars and the built-in vibration alarm help alert the user to potentially dangerous levels of PH3 in high-noise conditions. Once the gas exposure alarm initiates, the detector records the maximum gas exposure and the time since reaching that maximum gas exposure for up to 24 hours. The detector logs and retains data of the 10 most recent gas exposure events, which it can transmit via an infrared Datalink USB adapter to a personal computer (both sold separately).
To ensure performance, the detector tests its sensor integrity, circuitry, and audible and visual alarms upon activation. It tests its battery upon activation and continuously every 0.5 second. The detector also features an automatic shutdown mode for additional safety, which activates when the detector fails its self-test. This detector comes with a back-mounted alligator clip to allow the unit to be worn on a belt, waistband, or lapel, and a concussion-resistant boot to help protect it against damage. It is water resistant, and is compatible with the BW Technologies MicroDock II automatic test system (sold separately). It has a European Conformity (CE) and ATEX certification in accordance with Directive 89/336/EEC for safety of electrical and electronic devices, and it is classified by Underwriters Laboratory (UL) to U.S. and Canadian standards as an Intrinsically Safe Apparatus and Associated Apparatus for Use in Class I,II, and III, Division I, Group A, B, C, and D. It has an ingress protection (IP) rating of 66/67.
|Measuring Range||0 to 5 ppm|
|Temperature Range||-4 to +122 degree F/-20 to +50 degree C|
|Humidity Range||15% to 90% RH (noncondensing)|
|Audible Alarm Sound Level||95 dB|
|Dimensions||3.75 x 2.0 x 1.1 inches/9.5 x 5.0 x 2.8 cm (H x W x D)*|
|Weight||2.9 oz./82 g|
|Battery||3V replaceable lithium battery with 1.5 year life (typical)|
*H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
A gas detector is a safety device that detects and monitors various toxic, combustible, and flammable gasses in an area, and which can also register a decrease in ambient oxygen. Gas detectors can be portable or stationary, and are typically classified by their detection methods, which include catalytic, electro-chemical, point infrared, open-path infrared, semiconductor, thermal path conductor, and paper tape detection. Gas detectors are first calibrated to known gasses that serve as a reference points. Their sensors can then be used to measure ambient gas concentrations in comparison to the calibration gasses. When gas concentrations exceed a pre-set limit, an alarm or signal is triggered, alerting the user to potential danger. Pre-set limits often include a low-alarm level, indicating a gas concentration that poses a moderate danger; a high-alarm level, indicating a gas concentration that poses a large danger; a short-term exposure limit (STEL), the maximum gas concentration to which workers can be exposed continuously for a short period of time without serious risk of harm, and time-weighted average (TWA) limit, the maximum average exposure personnel can experience over the course of an eight-hour work shift without serious risk of harm. Most gas detectors also feature LCD screens that provide a variety of information including gasses detected and their concentrations, pre-set exposure limits, and battery level.
Gas detectors have a variety of industrial and governmental applications, such as in fire and rescue, mining, construction, petroleum refineries, tanneries, sewage treatment facilities, and paper mills. Portable gas detectors are typically used to monitor the air around personnel, are worn on clothing or on belts or harnesses, and are powered with rechargeable or disposable batteries. They generally require periodic calibration, testing, and battery recharging or replacement, although some fixed-life detectors are designed to perform for a number of years without calibration or battery replacement before being discarded. Stationary gas detectors are typically powered electrically and mounted near the process area of a plant or control room. They also require periodic service, testing, and calibration.
BW Technologies by Honeywell manufactures and distributes portable and fixed gas monitoring equipment for use in a wide range of industries. The company, founded in 1987, is based in Canada in Calgary, Alberta.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Gas Range Detector for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!